Sunday, February 26, 2006

On Saturday...

So I think I know why I'm not yet completely comfortable with this whole blog thing -- I've been taking it too seriously. I've been thinking of it more as something that needs to be deep and profound rather than a quick but interesting read. Hopefully now I'll be able to write some good, light-hearted blogs.

On that note, the weekend was spectacular. Got out of State College for the second weekend in a row and ventured down to the good ol' Maryland/D.C./Virginia area. While I enjoy weekends here, I've also had a lot of fun away from this place the past two weekends. I think this weekend was especially fun because I had really never taken the time to appreciate the positive side of the hustle and bustle of D.C. life. I live just a hop, skip and a jump away from the D.C. metro area, and make the occasional visit for a concert, but I've never really done more than that. Now that I've moved away from the area and do not see it all the time I have a lot more respect for it. Such a pretentious area. How nice. But like I said, spectacular weekend ... minus the insane drink prices. Great to get away, see the Clarks, watch Weeds, spend time with friends and do absolutely no work. How relaxing.

But onto things that are not so spectacular ... banning abortion. The South Dakota state legislature is in the process of sending a bill on its way to Gov. Mike Rounds for his stamp of approval that would make performing an abortion a felony in the state. Why must this issue be challenged? And why is it likely that Roe will be overturned? So depressing. Who wants to move to Canada with me?


The New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/26/weekinreview/26davey.html

1 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Blogger psu.acoustician said...

write more..... write more.....

like the titles that are songs btw

 

Post a Comment

<< Home