Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's Raining Men

OK, so it's really not but I'm watching The Birdcage and figured it was an appropriate title. I don't really have too much to say, but I've been getting some feedback about this thing from the fans and I wanted to please them.

However I have not gotten feedback on the whole Mac issue. Still kinda in need of that, but I'm a little more adjusted now so it's ok. Life is going well, kinda. I'm really really busy and way tired all the time, but I'm doing well in school and somewhat in life, so that's good. I was dealt a setback this morning, something very traumatic actually. My mom said she won't pay for Semester at Sea. Damn her. Now I need to solicit $20,000 from other people or adandon the trip all together. I'd say both are equally likely. Leave feedback. This could be an amazing trip but a huge financial setback. But enough about me, let's talking about things that matter.

I read a New York Times article over the weekend discussing a recent television trend ... killing off lead characters. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have read it had it not included the mug of one Erin Daniels (the late Dana on Showtime's The L Word) but nevertheless I read it. And as I did, I thought about how shitty it was that Dana lost her life to cancer. I mean, this is television, it's essentially a fairytale, right? But then I got to thinking about how I've always said I wish television were more like real life, because it seldom is. So now here I am, part of me is glad that television is becomming more real, and part of me wants Dana back. Come on now, she was hot. But I guess we're all in love with reality t.v., and the more real something can be, the better. As if we don't get enough of a reality kick in the ass everyday of our lives. Ah well, at least there's still Carmen.

Alright I'm off to finish this kickass column, which will certainly piss off more than a few people on Friday, so check that out! Buenos noches!!

1 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Justine said...

There are scholarships through the study abroad office...and think about how much your experience will change your life. A little debt may be worth it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home