Thursday, March 30, 2006

To Brighten Your Day...

Just something I stumbled across when I should have been doing work. Enjoy...


I understand that scissors can beat paper, and I get how rock can beat scissors, but there's no fucking way paper can beat rock.

Paper is supposed to magically "wrap around" rock, leaving it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors, why can't paper do this to people? Why aren't sheets of college-ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in class?

I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anyone. A rock would tear that shit up in about two seconds. When I play Rock/Paper/Scissors, I always choose rock. Then when someone claims to have beaten me with their paper, I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say "Oh shit, I'm sorry ... I thought paper would protect you, asshole."


And a random music quote because each entry has to have some kind of musical reference:

Hello, how are you doing today?
I hope I find you feeling healthy
I'm so glad our paths crossed this time today
On our way into the night

We find love hiding here in the shadows in the darkness
maybe, it's up to you and I to bring to the night
Love as I approach the tears they fall like rain you tell me
Baby your hearts into a thousand pieces

Now stop only old and wise, with clouded eyes,
You can't see what I can't hide
Blindly throw my faith to the face
Of the next pretty girl that comes my way


Leave the name of the song and band/singer in a comment and win a prize that has yet to be determined. :)



Cozumel, Mexico. Photo by Jen.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home